We usually use the most commonly used cable conductors only copper, aluminum two, and now they are from the performance of the conductor to do a comparison, so that everyone correctly choose the right cable products.
The advantages of copper core cable
1. Low resistivity: Aluminum core cable resistivity is about 1.68 times times higher than copper core cable.
2. Good ductility: The elongation of copper alloy is 20~40%, the extension rate of electrical copper is over 30%, and aluminum alloy is only 18%. 3. High strength: permissible stress at room temperature, copper is higher than aluminum respectively 7~28%.
Especially under the high temperature stress, the difference is very far. 4. Fatigue Resistance: Repeated bending of aluminum material is easy to break, copper is not easy.
On the elastic index, copper is also about 1.7~1.8 times higher than aluminum.
5. Good stability, corrosion resistance: copper core oxidation resistance, corrosion resistance, and aluminum core is susceptible to oxidation and corrosion.
6. Load flow: Due to low resistivity, the same section of the copper core cable than the aluminum core cable allowed load flow (the maximum current can be passed) is about 30% higher 7. Low voltage loss: Because of the low resistivity of the copper core cable, the same section flows through the same current. The voltage drop of copper core cable is low.
Therefore, the same transmission distance, can guarantee a higher voltage quality; or, under the allowable voltage drop condition, the copper core cable transmission can reach the farther distance, namely the large power coverage area, is advantageous to the network planning, reduces the power supply point the establishment quantity.
8. Low heating temperature: Under the same current, the copper core cable of the same section is much smaller than the aluminum core cable, making it safer to run. 9. Low energy consumption: due to the low resistivity of copper, compared to aluminum cable, copper cable power loss is low, it is obvious.
This helps to improve power generation utilization and protect the environment. 10. Anti-oxidation, corrosion resistance: Copper core cable connector performance is stable, not because of oxidation accident. Aluminum core cable joint instability is often due to oxidation of the contact resistance increases, fever and accidents.
Therefore, the accident rate is much larger than the copper conductor cable.
11. The construction is convenient: ① copper core flexibility is good, allows the curvature radius to be small, so it is convenient to turn, pipe easy to wear, ② copper core anti-fatigue, repeated bending is not easy to break, so the wiring is convenient, ③ in the copper core of high mechanical strength, can withstand a larger mechanical pull, to the construction of the laying of great convenience, but also for mechanized construction created conditions.
Second, aluminum core cable advantages
1. Cheap: Copper rod is 3.5 times times the price of aluminum, copper is 3.3 times times the proportion of aluminum, so the aluminum core cable is much cheaper than copper core cable, suitable for low-cost projects or temporary electricity.
2. Cable is very light: the weight of aluminum core cable is copper core cable 40%, construction and transport costs are low.
3. Anti-oxidation, corrosion resistance: aluminum in the air reacts with oxygen quickly to produce an oxide film, can prevent further oxidation, so the aluminum conductor is high voltage, large cross-section, long span overhead transmission of required materials. Although the aluminum core cable and cheap, but copper cable power supply, especially in the field of underground cable power supply, has a prominent advantage. The underground use of copper core cable power supply has the characteristics of low accident rate, corrosion resistance, high reliability and convenient construction maintenance. This is also the domestic current in the underground cable power supply mainly the reason for the use of copper cable.